Thursday, February 19, 2009
Ashley went on the Potty!
Well, for all you parents out there....this is a big day in a childs' development! Ashley went pee pee on the potty all by herself last night! We are sooo proud of her. We have been working with her here and there for awhile now, but last night it was the first time that she came up to me and said, "Mommy, I haf a go poop." So I told her to try and go on the potty. Well after about 15 minutes and two readings of the book, Everyone Poops, she hadn't produced anything. So we decided to take a break and get a snack of ice cream cake. She wanted another piece of cake, but I told her in order to have another piece, she had go on the big potty. By this time she was completely nude, with a little robe on to keep her warm. I kept telling her all through her snack that if she felt like she had to go again, to tell me. So after about 20 minutes, we tried again. She wasn't pooping, but all of the sudden I heard a little tinkle and I looked down, and there she was....peeing in the big girl potty!! I was so proud of her! We made a big deal out of it and told her that she could have another piece of Mommy's birthday ice cream cake. Our little baby is becoming a little girl more and more every day!! Yesterday afternoon, Paul was kidding with her and said "Aww Ashley, are you my baby?" And she answered by saying, "No Daddy, I not a baby, I a girl!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment