Sunday, March 15, 2009

Prayers

Over the last week or so, we have been teaching Ashley how to say her prayers. We used to only ask her to say "Thank you Jesus, Amen". But now we say "Now I lay me, Down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. Guide me through the starry night, and wake me up with the morning light - Amen". She really enjoys saying her prayers and it's really sweet to hear her little voice say each word. Well, last night, I was dressing her in her pajamas and she has this cute set that has the words "I am getting my beauty sleep" on the top. She noticed the words on it for the first time, and I read them to her. I guess I read them in a similar rhythm like a prayer, and so after I was done reading the phrase, she said "AMEN!" :o)

2 comments:

  1. What a great blog:) We love hearing Noah say his prayers at night. He always says, "...and thank you for my friend Ashley..." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, really? :o) We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete