Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ashley is such a character!

Our sweet little Ashley Paige. Boy, she is such a 3 year old!  She is growing up so fast and has such a dynamic personality it's impossible not to want to squeeze her and smother her with kisses and hugs every day!  On top of it all, she is so affectionate and loving and I am so excited to see how she is going to be with her new baby brother in the next couple of weeks.

Recently, we got her her very own iTouch!  Yes, she owns an iTouch - a three year old.  But honestly, it has been the best thing! She learns so much from the learning apps and she can navigate through that thing like nobody's business.  It's quite impressive.  Paul even uploaded some of her favorite songs and videos on there.  It's so funny when it's quiet in the house and then all of the sudden you hear out of the blue Beyonce belting "All the Single Ladies!" (That is one of her favorite songs)  Cracks us up!

Below is a list of some of the funny things she's been saying recently, as well as a story or two to give a sneak peak at her personality.

 - Her favorite number is 5 and she loves to tell you that she wants "5 M&M's, or 5 chicken nuggets, or 5 chips...." She knows that sometimes I will tell her that she can have something that she wants later.  She has adapted that word "later", but instead of saying "Mommy, I will finish my snack later", she'll say "I'll finish it in 5 laters". :)
 - She is very interested in the clock and telling time.  I have been trying to teach her about the little hand and the big hand on the clock.  Paul got her a teaching clock and she is so into it.  Our new thing is to show her when it's bed time.  I tell her when the "big hand gets to the 12 and the little hand goes on the 8 it's time for bed".  It's so cute to watch because she keeps looking at the clock and saying to me, "the big hand is almost at the top!" She gets excited and is prepared for when we say its time for bed.
 - One night last month, I am cuddling with her a bit before leaving her room at bedtime, and she squeezes me and says "You're cute!" and then says "You're a sweet Mommy!"  Ahh, just melts my heart.  It's especially rewarding when it's been a tiring and stressful day and Paul and I have had several battles with her. 
 - I love it when she realizes things and says a statement like "you're the Mommy and I am the kid."  Very true, very true...always remember that sweetie! :)
 - The other day she said, "Mommy, you have a big belly like Santa Claus!" Yep, 'tis true child.  Thanks for pointing out the obvious! :)
 - She likes to exclaim, "Wow, that's so awesome!"
 - She has been acting like a drama queen lately when we tell her to do something.  She likes to manipulate and make up excuses for things.  For example, at dinnertime she has been fighting us on finishing her dinner.  She will say "Uh, I'm tired" or "I don't feel good."  we'll come back with responses like, "Well, I guess you just need to go straight to bed then, and I guess if you're feeling sick, then you can't have that popsicle you were wanting, huh?  That changes her tune right away! :)

Here are some fun examples of little phrases/words she says in her little voice.
 - Merry-Go-Remote (remote control)
 - Hostible (hospital)
 - Parasel (Carousel)
 - Yunicorn [sounds like "run"] (Unicorn)
 - Decolations (Decorations)

She is very into horses and is crazy about Mary Poppins.  She wants to watch the part when they jump into the chalk picture and ride on the carousel over and over again.  She can even say "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!"  What a kid!  I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment