Well, today I officially went back to work. It was a TOUGH, and I mean, TOUGH weekend emotionally. I know that Corey is going to be in great hands with Judi and the Jaime family, (and be with his big sister each day) but it was more about how the change was effecting me. I really enjoyed being on a flexible daily schedule, which really meant, no schedule which I actually liked. If you know me well, you know that I thrive on daily schedule and gauging my life on what time it is and how to manage getting things accomplished. So this was extremely out of character for me that I thoroughly enjoyed just going with the flow. So what if I didn't brush my teeth first thing in the morning every day, or get a shower until 5pm (or some days not at all!) or slept in until 11am after being up periodically awoken through the night for feedings! I just was okay with going by Corey's schedule and not mine. I was okay that the house was not perfectly clean, or that the laundry piled up. It would get cleaned and washed eventually. It was truly a freeing experience! I knew from the experience of having Ashley that the schedule I so desired would come on it's own. Soon I would have to be up for work each day, and have showered, hair and makeup done and out of the house by 7:30am. So instead of fighting the chaos, I soaked it up because I knew it would come to an end very soon.
I enjoyed having Ashley home with us the majority of my maternity leave. I really got to know her even better! She is growing into an even more wonderful person than I could have imagined! She is so gentle and kind, incredibly funny and unpredictable and I just love that about her. As much as it can be difficult to raise a 3 year old with an extremely independent personality, it is ALWAYS interesting and there is never, ever a dull moment with her around!
I loved watching my children together and just look forward to how they will interact with one another as they grow. Ashley is just crazy about Corey and constantly says that he is her best friend. I really hope that is the case in the future. I want them to be there for each other always!
Well, here I am, sitting at my desk at work, nearing the end of my lunch break. I am doing my best to stay on task, but knowing in the back of my mind it's impossible. I am too busy surrounding my desk with new framed pictures of my family of four and recapping memories of the last 7 1/2 weeks of pure joy. It sounds a bit far fetched that the first weeks at home with a newborn are utter joy, between the endless feedings, diaper changes and exhaustion, but it really was. I can honestly say I loved it all.
Thank you God for blessing us with a second child so that I can feel confident to relish in the chaos. I am looking forward to more....
No comments:
Post a Comment