Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Corey has to get Ear Tubes

Our little guy has to get tubes for his ears in two weeks.  Corey has had 4 ear infections and he's only 7 months old! The last couple of infections have been over the last two months and he hasn't been able to breathe normally since the end of September.  He hasn't been sleeping well at night and is up coughing and just uncomfortable.  I am constantly trying to clear out his nose, use humidifiers, saline drops, Vicks baby rub...you name it.  I have cleaned up so much phlegm-filled spit up, it's nuts!

I am nervous about the surgery because they have to use anesthesia to put him out. He's so small to be put under. :(  Although, I do know that the benefits FAR outweigh the risks, so I am ready for him to get the tubes and hopefully we'll start to see him feel better.

He's scheduled for the surgery on Monday, November 22nd at the Methodist Children's Hospital.  Thankfully the surgery is at 11:30am so it's not super early in the morning and Ashley will already be at Preschool.  Here's a photo of our little man.  God love him...through all of this sickness he has been the sweetest thing. He's always smiling and happy. 

At Judi's in front of her Fall decorated tree. 
October 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment