![]() |
| Corey with his Puppy from Ashley - 6 months |
![]() |
| Been sitting this next to him every month and he just really wanted to play with him this month. |
![]() |
| He wants those shoes! |
At his six month checkup on October 4th he weighed 16lbs 8oz (31%) and 26 3/4 inches long (60%) and his head circumference was 43cm (28%). At one of his most recent doctor appointments in late October to get his ears checked, he weighted a little over 17 1/2 lbs! So he's definitely growing! And quickly! Too quick if you ask me. Comparing to what Ashley was when she was 6 months old, they are almost exactly the same weight. He is just a bit longer that she was.
![]() |
| With some cereal drool |
We've started feeding him more solid foods. He had a hard time adjusting to the rice cereal so we didn't really reintroduce it to him again until he was about 6 months. He had been sick and I think that disrupted his appetite in addition to all the traveling and events we had during the month of September. But he has taken to solid foods very well now. He loves rice cereal and at first he wasn't too crazy about solid foods. He tried sweet potatoes, carrots, apples, peas, bananas, squash, and pears. The first one he really liked was carrots! He gobbled it up!
Then I got brave and after trying out some jarred foods, I started making my own baby food. And to be honest, it's super easy and WAY cheaper that buying it in the jars. The best part is that I know what's in it and there is just something extra special knowing that whatever I feed him, I made it with love. I have made him butternut squash, sweet potatoes, baked apples, acorn squash with apples and cinnamon, peas and bananas. He really loves it all, and I am so happy!! He has also started eating whole wheat cereal too and is doing very well.
I am still continuing to breastfeed him too which has been wonderful. If there are days when I don't pump enough at work, I may have Judi feed him a formula bottle every once in a while, but 99% of the time, he is breastfed. I am so glad that it is working out. I really struggled with Ashley and did the best I could with her for the first four months, but she just preferred the bottle over the breast.
![]() |
| Our chubby little Eagles fan with big sis! |
He sleeps very well other than the issues with him being sick that have thrown off his sleeping schedule. He wakes up coughing or with pain. As of now, I wake up maybe once or twice a night to feed him and put him back down. He has been sleeping in his crib since about early October. He was sleeping in his glider to keep him upright for the coughing, but he just grew too long for it, so that made it hard. He loves his crib and falls asleep to a humidifier and the baby soothing vibrations machine that clips onto his crib. He makes the same "sleep sound" that Ashley did when she was a baby. The loud hum that sounds more like "mmmmaaaaahhhhaaahhhhhahhaha" over and over again. He also falls asleep at the breast but those are nights when he's suffering from pain and discomfort and just needs a bit o'Momma time.








No comments:
Post a Comment