Monday, December 13, 2010

Updates Around our house....

Big gap between my last post and now (almost a month!)..... I wish so much I could find the time to write about our life, but sometimes, life just gets in the way of documenting it!! And that's okay, but I want to do my best to try a catch up on the happenings around our house.
Our roaring fire Paul had a couple of weeks ago!
Let's see..... since my last post, we had our Christmas pictures taken.  We will post them soon, but I have to get the Christmas cards out first.  They turned out great and we're very excited to send them out. As much as it's wonderful, it's weird to see our family grow. The photo is so full now and it's so neat! :) 

 Corey had his ear tube surgery on November 22nd, and he did very well.  What a trooper! It was super rough for us because #1 - we had to make him fast before the surgery, so it was killing us that we couldn't feed him and it was hard for me not to hold him because when I would hold him, he smelled the milk.  Although he didn't cry much at all, it still was breaking our hearts knowing he was hungry. And #2 - we were nervous to have him under anesthesia, even if it was for a short time.  Even though it was a very minor surgery, it made me appreciate how lucky we are.  There are so many parents out there going through such tough times with sick children that require several surgeries and are always in and out of the hospital. I have a friend close by that is going through that often and it just breaks my heart.  I really feel for her and can only imagine how difficult it must be.
    
At the hospital waiting room



Hugs with Daddy in pre-op
In his gown before leaving for surgery
On the way....he's so tiny...I was a wreck inside.

In post-op. He was allowed to have sugar water and then if he kept that down I could nurse him.  
 Corey turned 8 months old on December 1st! Hard to believe!!  I have to do a blog post just on his development, but its truly amazing to see him grow.  I am two weeks behind from taking his monthly photo next to the doggie Ashley got for him.  I need to get on that!!
Kinda blurry, but cute. He is playing on the floor in his room.

This is just the other night...playing with his food and staining up more onesies! :)

Ashley is doing better with Preschool. We had a rough couple of weeks there with her return to school from Thanksgiving break, but I think we are in the homestretch now.  She was crying every day saying that she didn't like school and complained of a stomach ache every night. She acted very lethargic and would pick at her dinner each night. She wouldn't open up much about school, only to say that she didn't like it.  Of course we were freaking out wondering what was going on, but she would slowly open up and say that her teacher wasn't mean and that the kids are nice, so we knew that there wasn't a bigger problem.  Then one day she woke up puking ( only once) and since she was showing some signs of being sick, I stayed home with her.  Well, after about an hour or so after vomiting, she asked for food. I gave her a Pedialyte ice pop, and then she asked for another one, and then before you knew it she was her happy little self wanting cereal and crackers, etc.  I think she was so worried about school that it caused her to be physically ill.  Poor thing....  Well, it's been over a week since the incident and she has been much much better about going to school.  Only problem is....Christmas break is right around the corner, so we might be right at square one in January. Let's cross our fingers!!! 
Our sweet Ashley
In her Indian outfit she made at school
 Paul and I had a date night on December 4th. Paul's Mom babysat for us and we went to the Alamo Drafthouse for dinner and a movie.  We thought we were way overDUE for a DATE  so we went to see the movie, Due Date! :)  (our anniversary was the last time we went out 8/14/10!!) It was hilarious and we really enjoyed ourselves!  I never had been to an Alamo Drafthouse theater before, but it was really cool!  For those of you who have never been there, it's neat. They serve you drinks and food in the theater so you don't have to get up and get anything.  Plus they have fun themed nights, like one night you can go there dressed in your PJ's and they play a cartoon marathon or a sing-a-long.  It's fun.  Since we had a later lunch, we ordered some mozzarella stix and pepper poppers, and I ordered a Butter Beer. It was special for the holiday season.  It was warm apple cider with Woodchuck Cider beer, and topped with whipped cream and cinnamon.  MMMMmmmm Yummo!  Afterward we took a stroll at the Shops at La Cantera, but not before we tried our hand at harmonizing to some songs in the car on the way there.  We just couldn't get the harmony right on some songs and were laughing so hard our belly's hurt! :) It was a fun date with my wonderful husband and a much needed couple of hours to ourselves. I didn't get any pictures though. :(

I will update more....I just need to find my camera charger and cord to upload pictures to my harddrive! I have been sooo scatterbrained lately that I can's seem to remember anything anymore!  Hope everyone is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment