Friday, March 30, 2012

Adorable Ashley - A compiled Ashley-ism Post

Me and my little artist
(we were painting pottery that day)
When I first started this blog, I began consolidating some the cute things Ashley would say or do and coined them "Ashley-isms".  Ashley says the cutest, funniest things all the time and I do my best to jot them down here and there. At the end of the day, Paul and I often find ourselves chuckling as we climb into bed, rattling off all the funny and intelligent things that Ashley said or did that day. She is such a joy! Recently, I uncovered some older notes that I jotted down, but never actually put into the blog, so here they are....

October 28, 2010 (4 years old)
  • I was driving her to daycare on my way to work and I look in the review mirror and see her looking out the window, with her legs crossed - all grown up.  She turns to me and says that she is scared about her teeth falling out (apparently some kids at school were losing teeth). She asked "Well, how am I going to chew my food?" :) Of course I explained the new ones will come in and that they all won't fall out all at once! 
January 2011 (4 years old)
 
  •  Ashley farted one night and then says "Ugh that smells awful!" Then turns to me and says "smell my butt!" 
  • When Corey was forever getting ear infections, she would call them an ear "convections"
  • She called a washcloth a "lashclock"
  • Gets the word "tomatoes" and "potatoes" mixed up. She always says "potatoes" when she is meaning "tomatoes". (still does this even now!)
February 2011 (4 years old)
  • I was eating a muffin and she kept telling me to move away. I was wondering why and she says "Ugh, that muffin smells awful!" (I don't remember what kind of muffin it was....) 
  • When she takes a sip from water, she says "Ahh, Refreshing!"
July 2011 (4 years old)
  • says "reNember" instead of "remember" (she still kind of does this on and off)
  • One day we were walking out to the car after picking her up from school, I noticed that she had a stain on her shirt.   She said, with the sweetest little smirk on her face, "oh, that's just lunch. I was saving it for later."
  • She was still nervous about her losing her teeth, and was expressing this to us one night before bed. We went to check on her later in the evening, and she had fallen asleep with her hands in her mouth (I guess she figured that she was holding them in)!
January 2012 (5 years old)
Enjoying her "baked brownies" from her cake shoppe toy that she
got for Christmas from Aunt Terry and Uncle Steve
  • We thought it was her last official Ashley-ism "glassable and breakable". When things were breakable she would call them glassable, but on Sunday 1/8/12 she said it correctly and it made me sad. :(
  • Ashley and I say "I'll see ya in the AM yo!" at bedtime :) 
  • She likes to tell me "You Go Girl!"
  • Ashley was sick with the stomach flu in December, and at one point after getting sick she said "ughh that was a rough one yo!" 
 February 2012 (5 years old)
  • Ashley has been learning about healthy and unhealthy foods in preschool and one morning she saw me lusting over my cup of coffee and said "you know Mom, coffee is not a healthy drink - its a "thumbs down". My response was "well it's not really a thumbs up or down, its more of a sideways. Sorry honey Mommy needs it."
 March 2012 (5 years old) 
  • Ashley and I were playing Candy Land and she was losing a lot. Instead of getting upset about losing like she has done in the past, she was actually making fun of the fact that she just couldn't catch a break. She said, "I am moving in slow motion" and was just laughing hysterically. We played until she finally wins. Then she says "Well, now that we both won, we need to get stickers." She goes and gets her letter stickers, gives each of us a letter J and then says 'we each have a letter J for "J-Lo". hahahahaha
She LOVES books!
  • She loves to go to the library! One day, I had to go run in to pick up some books I already had on hold, and before I run in she says, "Mom, please pick up a book that is pretty and has pink on it!"
Ashley loving Tater
  • She says "okey dokey Mr. Spokey" when we ask her to do something. For example: "Ashley, can you please go wash your hands before dinner?" She says, "Okey Dokey" and will sometimes add the 'Mr. Spokey' in there too!
  •  Ashley has been into Jazz Music lately and it’s sooo funny! She only wants to listen to the Jazz station in the car (we have XM). One time, we were listening to one of those obscure jazz songs and she says “Wow, the piano music sounds like when I play the piano!” The piano chord changes were all over the place and it mimicked when she and Corey just kind of bang on the piano! 
  • Paul was out of town, Corey was sick, and she and I were at odds (and my nerves were shot). I needed her to help me by putting her smaller laundry away in her room. She was not willing to help and threw a BIG fit and stomped off to her bedroom,crying and screaming. I went to go check on her after awhile, and I saw these notes under the door.  
Ugh, my heart was broken... (By the way, men=mean)
She then followed it with a nice note because she felt bad about her behavior. At least she can express her feelings in writing, but boy oh boy, it made for an emotional day. 
She is just growing, and growing and growing so fast.....


No comments:

Post a Comment