Monday, August 13, 2012

Disney World Trip!!!

Well, it was a week ago yesterday that we got back from our dream vacation at Walt Disney World.  It truly was a magical and wonderful experience and we CAN'T WAIT to go back someday (hopefully sooner rather then later). We spent 10 days there - we left on Thursday, July 26th and got back to San Antonio on Sunday, August 5th.  To help keep the magic alive while adjusting to reality once again, I have been steadily drinking out of my new Minnie Mouse mug every day.  The kids are adjusting really well to life outside of the House of Mouse, but Paul and I are taking it pretty hard.  It was so nice to just be together with our kids in a place that is truly meant for families.  We just adored spending so much quality time with our kids. We have been watching our home movies from the trip and reliving our memories.  Paul has been spending each night editing it as well.  We need to whittle it down from over 7 hours of footage to the highlights - knowing that we won't actually sit down for 7 hours at a time to watch it again.  We have gone through photo after photo - all 1,200 of them (no joke!) trying to weed out the best of the best to begin compiling a photo book. Even though we are still "immersed in all things Disney" we stiill can't shake the depression of not being there. We just enjoyed it so much! 

Prior to our trip, we made a countdown chain. I had Ashley take off a ring each night at bedtime. I started at 35 days. On the night before our trip, I had Ashley remove the last chain. I thought it would be fun to videotape her taking off the last ring..


I will post more detail about each of the days of our trip, but for now, I am off to bed. I am exhausted and haven't had the energy to do much of anything lately. We have lots of big events ahead - Ashley's Preschool graduation on Wednesday, next Thursday is Ashley's Open House for her elementary school and in two weeks from today, it's Ashley's FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!! I have been a wreck...let's pray I can hold it together so I don't upset Ashley or make an a** of my self in front of all the other parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment