Monday, April 6, 2015

Happy Easter!

The night before Easter, instead of dying eggs, we did some fun crafts that I got from Michael's last year. The kids loved it! And so did Mom. :) I think she had more fun doing the projects than the kids. Haha! 
Two of the projects Mom and the kids did - the Easter chick and bunny!
The kids wrote notes to the Easter bunny and they got a note back from the bunny as well!  *wink wink*
Corey's note to the Easter Bunny.
 
His bunny with a little help from Nanny.

Mom and I were so impressed by Ashley's not to the Easter bunny. What a sweet kid!
Ashley's drawing of her and the Easter Bunny
The Easter bunny was a little light on his load this year, but the kiddos got lots of yummy candy from Trader Joe's and Ashley got Uno and Corey got the Go Fish card game.


 
 On Easter morning, the kids had fun sampling their Easter candy. Paul put some fun Easter music on while the kids sang and danced. We picked up an almond danish from Trader Joe's so we ate that and I made some scrambled eggs.  Then we went to the grotto for church. It was spitting rain on and off, but we lucked out that it didn't downpour. It was a little chilly and it was fun snuggling under the blanket that we brought. The birds were tweeting sweetly and we each walked up for a blessing by the priest. It was a very peaceful Easter morning. He is Risen!
 
 
While at the grotto, we saw the DiMaio's! It was nice to see them on Easter and to give them a hug. Isn't this the cutest photo of the boys?

Mom and I made Easter dinner together! That was fun. We had ham, twice baked mashed potatoes with cheese, green beans and carrots, and applesauce. I also warmed up an apple pie that we picked up. It was so yummy!

Update: Oops, I forgot to include that we had an egg hunt for the kids after church and then we cracked the confetti eggs! Super fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment