 |
| Us at Orange Leaf |
Mother's Day was super nice. Although the weather was threatening to storm all day, we still were able to get outside and enjoy the day. Paul and the kids let me sleep in until 9am (yay!) and then brought me breakfast in bed. It was the most delicious lemon tart along with baklava and a croissant! So rich and delish and I of course couldn't finish it all so I shared with the kiddos. :) But the tart was ALL MINE! The kids gave me lovely handmade gifts and notes. They were all so beautiful and sweet. After breakfast in bed we hung around the house and I got ready to go out to lunch. We went to McAllister's (at my request) and I had a yummy sandwich and of course the iced tea! Then we did some Trader Joe's shopping for the week and then headed home before getting ready to go for Corey's baseball game. We thought it was his last game, but they wound up making up for the rain cancellation in April and there will be one more game next week! Thinking it was his last game, Paul suited Corey up with the GoPro camera and snapped it to his helmet when he was up to bat. We wanted to see what the game was like from his perspective. The video turned out so neat. I will link them below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik-FqKC8Kgo - Corey's helmet camera running and hitting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xT8Lksuglw - Corey on the swing at the park after the game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FBS987t6Zk - Ashley at the Park
Below are some photos from the game:
 |
| Ashley found her own spot to watch Corey's game...err. read her book. :) |
 |
| Corey playing first base and getting some pointers from Daddy. |
 |
| Crouched and ready |
 |
| Corey in the middle of two girls waiting to bat. This was such a cute shot, I had to try and capture it. |
 |
| GoPro on and ready to go! |
 |
| Waiting to bat again |
 |
| Getting a high five and pep talk from big sister Ashley! |
 |
| Right before he hit the ball! |
 |
| Another hit! |
 |
| Running home! |
 |
| He was chatting it up with Faith on the team. These two looked so cute...but then he turned around and gave me this face like, "mom! you are taking too many pictures." |
 |
| All Alone on the bench. |
|
|
After the game, the kids played in the park for a bit and poor Corey bumped his head. We headed home for an ice pack and then right back out for ice cream. That was my ONLY request for the whole day was that we all could go out for ice cream. We went to Orange Leaf and my (well, all mothers) ice cream/yogurt was FREE (well just 50 cents since I went a tad over the allotted ounces for the freebie) Not bad since I went a little overboard with my portion! haha!
 |
| Scrumptious! |
 |
| Ash enjoying her ice cream |
 |
| funky smile there Core but he did enjoy his chocolate ice cream! |
|
|
After ice cream we went home to hang for the remainder of the day and Paul edited the video from the GoPro. We enjoyed some pasta for a quick dinner and Mom duty began again very quickly! haha I am so blessed to have such amazing kids and a wonderful, caring husband. He is always thinking of my needs first and will do anything to make me happy. I just told him the other day that after 15 years, I still feel like he treats me like I am his date. Means the world to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment