Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Autograph Books

During the last week of school, Ashley created  little "Autograph Books" for each of her classmates.  She added a spot for autographs on one side and a personal note page on the other. She began the book by autographing them and then writing each kid a personal note. Some of her notes were simply, "Hi" or "how are you?" and others sweet and inspirational, like "Don't be shy, you're always okay on the inside." I asked her about this one in particularly and she said that this little girl always feels nervous when she is called on to answer a question in class, and she wanted her not to be afraid. She said, "Sometimes I pat her back and tell her it's okay." She melts my heart.
There were other notes that were interesting, in particularly a note to a girl that wasn't nice to her. She at first asked her in her note, "why aren't you nice to me?" And then I told her, you don't need to ask to be her friend - she doesn't deserve your friendship if she isn't kind. So she scribbled it out and said "Have a nice summer!" LOL!   This was completely her idea and she stayed up the night before until 9:30pm to finish each of them. Each book included a silver or gold star sticker on the front. Such a sweet and creative idea to give her friends during the last week of school. I am so impressed with her kind and thoughtful heart. She makes me beam with pride every day.

Ashley holding her stack of autograph books before school drop off.
 
I included several photos of most of the yearbook notes below. Mostly because I didn't want to forget what she wrote to each child.
She even pimped out my phone number for a playdate! LOL!


So sweet!!


This one cracked me up!


I love how to she wrote K.I.P. instead of K.I.T. haha!!



The photo above is for a child that Ashley said was talkative in the beginning of the year, but as the year went on, he became quiet and withdrawn. She wrote the note below...
This kind of made me laugh, because it was so blatant, but it was also sweet to know that she cares about her friends.


This one was for her teacher.





Jessica was the kid that was the on again, off again friend with Ashley throughout the year. This was the one that she scribbled out and wrote "Have a nice summer." LOL
 

No comments:

Post a Comment