Hi There! I am still going to finishing my updates from our vacation that now has been over for one month today!!! I have notes from the trip and I want to keep them here in this blog for documentation purposes....my future me will appreciate it. :)
However, I wanted to post some fun things that happened this weekend. I took off from work on Friday because Paul was heading to Maine early in the morning for a weekend trip with his parents, Aunt Cheryl, Uncle Fred, Sam, Noah and Aunt Missy. Both Gracie and Dave were planning to meet them there. They went to attend the Owls Head Transportation Museum "Wings and Wheels Spectacular". It is an air show and an antique car show all in one! Paul and his family were planning to ride on the B-25 bomber on Saturday so they were super excited. We took Paul to the airport in the morning and then after dropping him off, the kids and I headed to Magnolia Pancake Haus for some breakfast. It was so yummy! Below are some photos from our time there together.






Later that evening we chatted with Paul who was SUPER DUPER excited to ride the B-25. They were there early to see the pilots arrive and practice their stunts. Paul and the family were pumped for their adventures on Saturday. Below are some photos of the kids at dinner.
I included the photo above because it's too funny not to share. I specifically told Corey not to grab my phone and to put it down - but clearly he did not listen to me. I was in the middle of disciplining him and he took this photo. It just cracks me up because it perfectly captures the "Mom Face". The "Don't-make-me-get-off-this-couch-because-I'm-trying-to-keep-my-cool-and-yell-at-you-with-my-eyes-face."
 |
| Our table. |
The following day, Paul texted a photo of "our table" in Maine on his morning run. This was the table that we had dinner at on our honeymoon almost 11 years ago!! Super sweet and special. What a gorgeous photo! About two hours later, Paul texted me a photo and video and said, "I did it!" He flew on the B-25 bomber. He said it was such an exhilarating experience. He got to fly in the nose of the plane which was super cool! Papaw also flew one of these planes when he was in the military which made it even more special.
 |
| My handsome hubby in front of the B-25 |
 |
| The whole crew on the trip! |
While Paul was at the airshow in Maine, back in San Antonio, Ashley attended her friend, Rachelle's 10th birthday party. It was a spa party at this place called Toon Klips. It was absolutely adorable. She got her hair done, a mani/pedi, a facial and makeup. Afterwards, they celebrated with hot dogs and mini cupcakes. Super cute!!
 |
| Ashley, Rachelle, and Nicole |
 |
| The facial set up |
 |
| Pedicure station |
 |
| the hair corner |
 |
| Deann sent me this photo of Ashley getting her nails done. |
 |
| Pretty hair |
 |
| Love it! |
 |
| Her nails are done |
 |
| Pretty toes |
 |
| Pink eyeshadow. She had lip gloss too, but it smeared off after her snacks. |
 |
| Photo booth time!! |
While Ashley was at the party, Corey and I got some shopping done at HEB and had some lunch at home. Then we went to pick her up. The rest of the day consisted of laundry and cleaning and a movie night in my bedroom. We watched Camp Rock.
On Sunday, we slept in and missed church, so I decided to do a home bible study with the kids. They loved it! I did a lot of cleaning on Sunday and the kids chilled and watch movies. I put on some chili in the slow cooker, so it was nice to have dinner already done. After dinner, we had a game night. We played Candy Land, Chutes and Ladders (super epic game I might add...we had the best time!), Connect 4 and Trouble. The kids also played Guess Who? While the kids watched a Tinkerbell movie in my room, I folded laundry and tracked Paul's flight. He got in super late (11pm), but it was fun to watch his plane land. We pulled on to the tarmac and Paul got right in the car and we headed home. He was on such a high from the trip! I am so glad that he had such an awesome time with his family! Definitely a huge highlight in his life!
No comments:
Post a Comment