I attended the Teammate Conference this year for work at the JW Marriott in the San Antonio Hill Country. I had heard wonderful things about it and it sure is a gorgeous getaway. I took the kids there the Sunday before the conference began so that I could get the lay of the land as well as pick up my conference materials. I wish I could've stayed there over the course of the 3 day conference, but unfortunately my office wouldn't allow me to expense the hotel since it was local. :( As we walked around, we spotted the beautiful pool, lazy river and water slides. It truly is like a waterpark at the hotel. The kids were so excited to check out the pool, that I let them dip their feet in...well, their feet turned into them getting completely soaked! LOL They had a ball though.
I tried to get them to be careful to not get too wet since we had to drive home, but eventually I just gave in and let them have fun. Thankfully the hotel allowed us to take home the towels.
 |
| Warming up by the fire |
The conference was really fun. They definitely do it up right! Each night there was an fun social event for networking. I wasn't able to join in all of them, but I did get up early one morning to attend the yoga session on the lawn and then the last night of the conference they had an Oktoberfest with all the fixin's. The food was exceptional!
 |
| Gorgeous grounds |
 |
| I took a walk after lunch on one of my breaks. |
 |
| Octoberfest event |
The last day I spent some time at the pool since the conference ended at noon. Later, Paul had an appointment with Ashley, so he got out of work a little early and he decided to join me there for some family time with the kids. We had so much fun going on the slides and swimming. The kids were in their element. I didn't get any photos when they were with me, but I got some photos of me having some R&R before they got there.
No comments:
Post a Comment