Sunday, February 1, 2009

Ashley-isms

Lately, it has been so hard keeping up with the latest thing Ashley is saying or doing.  It seems that everyday she'll come up with something that will have us rolling over in laughter, or in complete shock that a little 2 year old speaks as if she were an adult.

Here are some of the latest things I think you all will get a kick out of!!
  • The other night she was singing "Old MacDonald".  So she gets to the part that you say "...and on that farm he had a..." and she is kissing up on the dogs and says "...an on nat farm he ha a Tater!"  And we couldn't believe that she knew to interject her name instead of just saying "a doggie!"  We were cracking up!
  • Whenever I ask her to go throw something in the trash or put something back in her room, she'll say "A Course Mommy!" or "A Course I can".  Priceless!
  • Sometimes she'll see me or Paul yawn or just kind of look spacey (if you are reading this and work full-time and have a little one at home, you know that looking spacey and/or tired is the norm), she'll ask out of the blue "Ya okay Mommy?" or "Ya tired Daddy?" or "Whatsa matter?"  So adult!
  • The other day, Paul was driving Ashley home from daycare and she saw in the distant horizon some hills from the Texas Hill Country.  She said, "Look Daddy, it's a bolcano!"  I was like, how did she know what a volcano was? Recently we saw on an episode of her favorite TV show Little Einsteins and there was a segment about a volcano.  So I guess the hills looked like a "bolcano" to her!  
  • Ok, one more.... and this one is a combo.  Whenever she hands us something and we say "Thank you Ashley", she says "You're berry wulcome". And if I take something of hers, like a toy or something, she says "Its na yours, its Asheys".  Sheesh!

2 comments:

  1. I love these! I am so glad you guys are keeping this blog. I had started one a while ago....but having a little one is so much more interesting. I tried to add a new blog tonight...but my page sucks. i am looking forward to keeping up with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks Holly! This has been fun! And much easier than trying to keep up a journal.

    ReplyDelete