Friday, November 20, 2009

I love my daughter

Ashley is growing so fast but lately it feels like she is maturing almost daily with the things she says and does. She has always been ahead of her years with her intelligence (I know I am bragging but I can't help it), but lately Paul and I have both noticed how independent she has become.  She used to need us to play with her every second of the day and it can get quite exhausting.  But now we've noticed that she likes to go play in her room with her toys and put on her dress up clothes and makeup.  She loves to color and draw with "mah-kers" ( I love how she says markers - with a slight Boston accent) and watch movies on her own.  It's so amazing to see the transformation, but also a little sad to know that she is getting older and becoming her own person.

We are slowly getting the office/guestroom cleaned out for the new baby, and we decided to give her the full bed that was in that room.  We wanted to make it special for her so we bought her a new headboard and comforter/sheets set to match her flower themed room.  Last night we (well I mean Paul) put it all together.  It looks adorable (pics will be posted soon).  She loved it and after she fell asleep last night in her "BIG big girl bed" I decided to climb in next to her "just to make sure she was okay".  Actually it was more like "I want to be as close to you as I can before you grow up too fast and won't want me around anymore." 

Paul and I are relishing when she expresses herself.  It's so sweet and kind.  She comes up to Paul or I and says out of the blue "You're the best Mommy (or Daddy) in the whole world! or "I love you."  Never prompted by Paul or me, but just expressing love from her heart.  What more could a parent ask for?  I guess we are doing something right! (phantom pat on the back)

No comments:

Post a Comment