Thursday, April 22, 2010

3 weeks ALREADY! A Corey Update

Can you believe that 3 weeks ago today Corey was born?  It's crazy how fast the time has flown by.  I can hardly believe it.  What a blur it's been the last couple of weeks, but it has also been so wonderful.  Corey is such a sweet little guy.  We are so blessed to have him join our family.  He fits in so well! It's like he has always been here!

He has practically slept through the night the last couple of days which has been great.  His last feeding usually happens around 11pm or 12am and he would typically get up about 3 hours later.  Well, after that feeding, the last couple of days, he has been sleeping until 5 or 6am!!  And last night, he had his feeding around 8:30 or 9pm and didn't wake up until 2am!  And then after that feeding he didn't wake up until around 6am! He does have his fussy moments though and that usually is right before bedtime and then sometimes in the early part of the day.  At some times, he can be up during the day for a 3 hour stretch.  I guess it works to our benefit at night, but boy it can be exhausting when you've done all the usual things to calm a baby (feeding, diapering, burping, etc.) and nothing is working.  He just wants to be held and sometimes that is all you can do! :)
He loves his swing!

He really loves his Daddy!  Sometimes when there is nothing that I can do to help calm him, I can always look to Paul to just rock him on his chest, and it just soothes Corey to sleep.  Paul has bonded with Corey so much, and it's so sweet to watch him talk to him and call him his little "wee man".


Corey is growing so fast!  When we took him to his 2 week appointment he weighed 8lbs 11oz, which was  7oz more than he was at birth! He also has grown 1 inch since birth as well!  He is starting to fill out a little in the face and his sweet little hands and feet are starting to show a twinge of chubbiness.  Knowing how fast Ashley grew, I am trying my hardest to savor each and every little moment of the newborn stage.  This boy LOVES to eat too!  Since I am nursing him, this can be a bit exhausting!  Sometimes he likes to "snack" and other times he can't get enough, so my "natural bottles" are a little confused to say the least!  This kid can go through diapers like nobody's business too!  I have gone through almost 170 diapers since he came home on Easter Sunday.  Yeah, talk about dollars down the drain....  I no sooner change a diaper and then I hear another explosion in his pants.  And to answer the age old question when it comes to changing boy diapers....YES, I have been peed on at least 4 times and have witnessed 2 projectile poops.  It's always an experience changing a Corey diaper.
Corey with his "Party Pooper" onesie :)

On Monday the 19th, he lost his umbilical cord.  His first big milestone, which lends itself to another milestone - his first bath!  It was nice because it was the last night my Mom was here, so she got to be here for it.

Right before the bath with big sister Ashley



He was cold and not very happy!
Calm and comfy with Nanny after the bath

Ashley has been adjusting really well to having her brother here.  We have kept her home a lot which has been really great!  She just is so affectionate with him and it's so endearing to watch her interacting with him and helping me.  I am really enjoying being home and spending time with my children.  There is nothing like it!

1 comment:

  1. He's so sweet! Looks just like big sister! Can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete