Friday, February 4, 2011

MLK Weekend

Over the Martin Luther King holiday, we enjoyed the long weekend by taking advantage of the nice weather by taking the kids for a walk around the neighborhood in the Radio Flyer wagon.

Cutie patooties!

My handsome hubby pulling the kids

I think Ashley just looks beautiful in this shot.
After the walk, Paul and I decided that it would be fun to stop by the store and get some ingredients to make homemade pizza with Ashley that evening for dinner. We headed to HEB and got the ingredients for pizza with black olives and italian sauasage for toppings.  I remember making homemade pizza when I was probably 11 or 12 years old, when I visited my Dad's best friend, Mike ("Uncle Mike"), in Boston. I have made pizza since then, but I will never forget the smell and how much fun it was to make the sauce there.  I remember squeezing the tomatoes and how fun it was to feel them squish in your hands. So I made sure that for Ashley's first time making pizza that we bought the whole peeled canned tomatoes so that we could squish them and add them to our sauce.
Kids at the grocery store getting the ingredients for pizza!
 I set everything we needed to make the pizza on the table and had Ashley mix the ingredients for the dough as well as make the sauce and assemble the pizza.  Paul helped us knead the dough and did a great job of cheering us on and taking lots of pictures!  Ashley loved watching it bake and loved how it tasted once it was ready.  She had a ball and so did we!

Making the sauce *squishing the tomatoes" (it was messy and got all over!)






We added extra olives before popping it in the oven.  It was soooo good! (I made the second pizzza myself and added sausage. Which tasted good as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment