Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2012

Ok, I know we are already over a week into the new year, but I thought it was important to at least post about the fresh start of a brand new year.  First of all Happy New Year!!  It's funny because the first day of the new year didn't start off so "happy".  I got into a car accident.  Thankfully it wasn't a bad accident and no one was hurt and no one else was involved.  In fact it was me and a rock. A VERY LARGE rock.  I took a turn too tight in the parking lot of a local shopping center and clipped the curb and then ran into a boulder that was placed on the corner.  It scraped the entire passenger side door and rear door of our van.  (worst sound ever) I had Paul, his sister Cathy, and both kids in the van at the time. I was so upset and cried and cried. I knew it definitely wouldn't be a cheap fix and what a way to start a new year! 

Our damaged goods.  They have to replace BOTH doors and the inside panel.

Ouch.

The rock. I like to call it a boulder. It makes it sound really bad. :)

Who really puts a boulder on a curb anyway?
 
But enough about that...on to more positive things......

Paul and I have set some goals for this year. I usually make a list of some resolutions and I actually do keep track of them throughout the year, but this year it's gonna be simple. And that's just it....simplicity. That is our goal this year - PURE SIMPLICITY.  I am tired of feeling stressed, tired, frustrated, overwhelmed, etc etc. Or always planning this or that, going here or there, feeling guilty about this or that. I am ready (and so is Paul) to just get BACK TO BASICS. Cleaning out the clutter. Focusing on relaxing and not rushing through each day or filling up each weekend. Getting back to eating better and exercising. Jesus just wants for us to trust in Him and all will work out. He has already provided all we need in life and to remember to focus on the simple things like the fruits of the spirit (Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness and Faithfulness).  Not all of the rest of the hoopla.  I know that God is always there but I want to stop feeling as though I am in control.  When the control is relinquished, the peace will return. Amen.

So there ya have it folks. Our focus for the year.  I am so blessed with my health, the health of my family, all the things that we need to survive and lots and lots of love from family and friends. It's the greatest and I couldn't be happier. God Bless you all and cheers to the new year!

Now let's get this party started! :)

1 comment: