Paul's birthday was on September 4th and we celebrated by going out to our new favorite restaurant, Whiskey Cake. We went there for our 11th Anniversary dinner and we liked it so much that we wanted to go there for Paul's birthday! Paul thought it would be nice to head to the hill country for a little getaway over his birthday weekend, so we headed out there early on Saturday morning. Once we got there we spent a ton of time just relaxing and enjoying the scenery. We played board games, watched a movie, walked the grounds, road the ATV's, and looked at the stars. It was a beautiful weekend to spend time together. The weather was lovely and it was fun to get away for a night.
 |
| Paul and Corey at Whiskey Cake #twinsies |
 |
| Ashley and I played Scrabble |
 |
| Our Scrabble setup on the porch. |
 |
| SOOO gorgeous! |
 |
| Ashley and Daddy on the ATV |
 |
| My new favorite beer |
 |
Corey asked me several times if it was "ok to go outside and sit on the rocking chair". He just would sit there and stare at the land. So adorable! |
 |
| Enjoying a snack before watching a movie. We watched "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day." |
 |
| Hill Country at dawn=breathtaking. |
 |
| I love this mug. |
Once we were back home we did the usual "get ready for the week stuff." I snuck away after dinner Sunday night and went out to the grocery store and came home with a lemon meringue pie (Paul's fav pie) and we sang Happy Birthday to Paul. I also surprised him and sprayed him with silly string! I found it at the store and thought it would be fun to catch him off guard. :) Happy 36th Paulie!
 |
| Happy Birthday Daddy! |
No comments:
Post a Comment