Wednesday, September 2, 2015

PTA Meeting and Orientation

On September 1st, the kids had their orientation at the school and it was the first PTA general meeting. This year is the second year that I am on the Executive Board of the PTA as the HEALS Chairperson. It is a position that helps the school nurse plan activities, screenings and general health fair information. In addition, this year I am also the "Room Representative/Parent" for Ashley's class. Ashley is super excited that I am involved in the PTA and thinks it's "cool" that I communicate with her teacher a lot. LOL  I am sure that won't last very long once she gets older, but I am glad that I'm cool now. :)

After the PTA meeting, the students that are involved in the Lighthouse Team conducted a small presentation about the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. As I mentioned in an earlier post, Ashley is a part of the Lighthouse Team and she gave a small speech about Habit 7 - Sharpen the Saw. I was so proud of her because not only did she have the courage to get up and speak to an audience, but she was the ONLY student that memorized her speech!  The kids weren't asked to memorize it, but she said that it looked better if she wasn't reading from a page. So proud!
Our intelligent and sweet girl

No comments:

Post a Comment