Ok, so I am going back to basics again. I LOVED keeping track of my life with my blog. I am going to try and simplify again and not stress myself out too much and just post one picture a day and maybe a blurb or two when I feel compelled to write more. I just really liked tracking our days and as much as I love Facebook and Instagram reminding me of memories, I find it best to reread old posts and remember my thought processes during the year. Before I begin with posting for January 1, I want to post that as much as the year 2016 was referred to as a "sh*tty" year in the media, Paul and I feel that 2016 was one of the best years of our lives. We had SO MUCH growth this year and we both realized a lot about ourselves. I feel like I got back to me...I have been struggling with depression and anxiety for a long time and always feeling like I didn't know what my purpose was or fearing anything and everything. I felt like I lost a lot of myself for a long time. I always recognized that I was blessed in the midst of it all, but I just wasn't sure where to direct my attention and honestly felt lost. But 2016 changed all of that for me. I learned a lot about myself and what I am capable of. I learned that if I really do set my mind to something I REALLY CAN DO IT! We paid off our debt on March 31st, I started a health and fitness journey in April and it changed my life. I am still active with health and fitness and now am helping others. I am also certified to teach a hip hop dance class called CIZE. WOW! What the heck? I never would have seen myself doing that a year ago. I also have chilled a bit with stressing over the small stuff and have seen the importance of personal development and learning new things. I learned about the power and significance of delayed gratification and the struggle and reward of hard work. I have learned that failure is okay and not allow it to scare me, but instead motivate me. I learned that people trust me and that I can be a positive influence. I am dependable and more confident in myself now then I ever have been in my entire life. I feel more centered and in control, but also know that I don't have control over everything. I have learned that I need to trust God more, but in order to do that, I had to make sacrifices which in turn opened up the opportunity to see what God has in store for me. I still have a LOT to learn, but man!, this was a pivotal year for me. My eyes are open, my heart is full and I have the motivation and purpose I need to continue on this journey in life. LIFE IS SO SO GOOD.
Some 2016 Highlights....
 |
| January 2016 - Meeting Chris Hogan - a Dave Ramsey speaker and author - We started the year getting our book signed since we knew this would be THE YEAR we would be debt free! |
 |
| January 2016 - Having juice at our favorite juice bar - Lucky Duck at the Pearl Farmers Market |
 |
| February 2016 - Corey's 100th Day of School (Kindergarten) |
 |
| February 2016 - My Dad came to visit for my 36th Birthday weekend! - Us at Maggiano's to celebrate my bday |
 |
| March 2016 - Ashley got glasses!! |
 |
| March 31, 2016 - We are DEBT FREE!! We surprised the kids with tickets on Easter to see Disney on Ice to celebrate! |
 |
| April 2016 - Corey's 6th Birthday Party! We took him and some friends to see Zootopia! |
 |
May 2016 - I did it! I finished my first round of 21 Day Fix! The first time I ever followed a nutrition and exercise plan and didn't quit! |
 |
| May 2016 - Corey finished his second spring season of baseball!! |
 |
| June 2016 - Some Mommy/Daughter time is always important |
 |
| May/June 2016 - The kids both learned to swim by joining our neighborhood swim team!! They did great!! |
 |
| July 2016 - We have remained consistent with our fitness routine even on summer vacation! Big deal for us! |
 |
| July 4, 2016 - The family during the Remmert Family vacation in Maine |
 |
| July 2016 - Such a wonderful and fun night! A sunset wine sail - highlight of the summer for sure! |
 |
July 2016 - Our first time back in the Big Apple since our move to Texas in 2004 (We were just overnight in between driving down to NJ from Maine) |
 |
| July 2016 - Visit with the New Jersey cousins! So glad we had this visit together with Granny - she passed away in November. |
 |
| Boardwalk time! |
 |
| Visit with Mom-Mom! |
 |
| One of the BEST water balloon fights EVER! Parents vs. Kids |
 |
| September 2016 - My boys |
 |
| September 2016 - Paul with the kiddos on his 37th Birthday! |
 |
| September 2016 - Ashley's 10th Birthday Sleepover party!! |
 |
| October 2016 - We surprised the kids and took them to DISNEYWORLD!! |
 |
| Magic Kingdom!! |
 |
| October 2016 - It was an 80's themed Halloween this year - with our very own Mini Michael Jackson! |
 |
November 2016 - Ashley performed with the Sing and Sign Club on the ICE at the Rampage game at the AT&T Center (where the Spurs play). Such a fun experience! |
 |
| Neat perspective! She is on the far left in this photo in the back row. |
 |
| December 2016 - Visiting Santa at Bass Pro Shops! Ashley and Corey both still believe! :) |
 |
December 2016 - We took the entire family as our Christmas gift to them, to see Home Alone in Concert. The San Antonio Symphony played the score live while we watched the movie on the big screen! Super fun experience! |
 |
| December 2016 - To cap off the year, we hosted a PiYo class at the house with our Facebook fitness group with cousins called "Strong Remmerts". We have remained consistent with checking in our workouts since July! |
 |
| Christmas Eve at church |
 |
| Christmas morning!!! |
 |
| Happy New Year!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment