Last week, I attended the ACUA Midyear Conference in Austin. ACUA stands for the Association for College and University Auditors. Yep, I know what you're thinking "Eww-wee! That's sounds like a blast! Tons of boring auditors all in one place! How much fun could they possibly have?" Well, let me tell ya....a whole lot! It's pretty sad that people in the auditing and compliance profession get a bad wrap, but to be honest, most of the people I have met in this field are pretty awesome and do not support the usual societal stigma. I have been working in Compliance for over 3 years now and if you think I'm cool (which I assume you all do..*chuckle*chuckle*) then just picture a room full of me! hahaha, just kiddin' but you catch my drift.
Anywho, the Executive Director in my department is the President of ACUA this year and encouraged us to attend the conference. I had been to another ACUA conferece back in September in Phoenix which was fun as well. For this trip, I signed up for Track One - The Fundamentals of Auditing. I figured, why not brush up? I don't know it all and I have only been working in this field for a couple of years. The classes were great and I was able to network with a lot of great people from all over the country. I even met an auditor from Princeton!! GO JERSEY!
On one of the nights, they have a dinner/dance an a theme - this years' was Go Green. Everyone dressed in green or really got into the spirit. I saw Shrek, Kermit the frog, and the Incredible Hulk! We all danced the night away and enjoyed going out on Austin's very own, 6th street, for some drinks as well. I had a great time. I learned a lot, met some great people, and had fun with my staff. I definitely missed Ashley and Paul (I was away from Sunday until Wednesday) but it was nice to have some Sarah Time. Enjoy the pics! As you can see, I had a "couple" of drinks! :o)
totally bummed I missed it. I did not have nearly as much fun as y'all did!
ReplyDeleteAww, you were missed!
ReplyDelete