When Paul asked me what I wanted for my 30th birthday, I told Paul that I wanted to get a manicure and pedicure and a prenatal massage. Then I added that it would be even more fun if we went and got a couples massage and had a mani/pedi together!! He agreed - so a week before my birthday we went and got pampered. We TOTALLY needed the together time since our lives have been super busy and stressful lately. We never had a couples massage before and it was really great! I thought with the prenatal massage that I would have to lie down on my side, but they had this really cool chair made for pregnant ladies so that I could lay on my stomach! How awesome is that? I was thrilled because I haven't been able to lay on my stomach for months! We felt like jelly when we left and that is a good thing. To continue with our couples day, we went to get some lunch at Kona Grill. It was a lovely lunch and afterwards we made a quick trip to Starbucks to get my FREE birthday drink and Paul got a coffee as well. Paul's sister Cathy was in town, and we asked her to join us for our mani/pedi. We headed over to the nail salon and got comfy in our chairs and enjoyed even more of the pampering. It was so comical to see Paul getting his "toes and nails done". It was his first time and we couldn't stop laughing. Cathy had a blast with us as well and she was so sweet and got me a gift certificate towards another mani/pedi for my birthday. I was so excited because it'll be nice to use it after the baby is born for a little pampering when I am going to look haggard and won't have time to keep up with my nails!
Here are some shots from the nail salon. Please keep in mind that I didn't do my hair or makeup that day because of the massage.
Getting ready for our pedicures
Paul getting his nails done :)
Me finishing up my pedicure
Aren't we so "perty"?
Cathy and I after our nails dried. I chose red for Valentines day!
Paul is such a good sport:) looks like you had fun!
ReplyDelete