On Sunday, September 5, our little Corey was baptized. It was such a beautiful service.
I've witnessed several baptism's in my life, but I have never
experienced one so beautiful as how St. Francis of Assisi Catholic
Church performs them. At St. Francis they have the babies get
naked and then dip their little bodies in the holy water (it is warmed)
and the Deacon cups his hand and trickles it over their heads. It was
so sweet. He was so good, he didn’t even cry! Then after they perform the baptism, you take the little baby and wrap him in a warm white towel.
The babies who are baptized that day are incorporated throughout the
entire mass which I thought was super special. I have been to a couple
of baptism's at St. Francis, but I guess I never realized how much they
keep the child incorporated. The whole congregation takes part
in the service as well by giving the baby the sign of the cross on their
foreheads. It was very beautiful and special and I will never forget
it.
 |
| Taking him around the congregation for the sign of the cross |
 |
| Paul's parents with us |
 |
| During the service |
 |
| Our family with Corey's Godparents |
 |
| Naked Baby being baptized. So pure. |
 |
| My friend Heather from work came by for the party afterward |
 |
| Corey with his Aunt Melisa |
Corey's Godparents are Paul's Aunt Cheryl and my brother, John. I was so glad that my brother was able to be here to attend the baptism and we were able to make it a fun visit with him, my sister-in-law and the kids. The following photos are taken by Ashley using my Blackberry. I thought it would neat to see her perspective of the service. These are the photos that she thought were important to capture. :)
 |
| My brother John (The Godfather) and I walking |
 |
| Aunt Missy |
 |
The Christening blanket (this was her's when she was christened) |
 |
| Aunt Cheryl (The Godmother) |
 |
| Me looking up talking to someone. |
 |
| Sweet Corey - with his Christening cap on. |
 |
| Ashley looking down at her shoes |
No comments:
Post a Comment